In an executive presentation skills coaching sessions with Mark, clients will learn, and be coached on, the three essential aspects of effective presentations: organization, development of material, and delivery. Coaching will you help perfect your presentations skills for speaking to both small and large groups. The format of the coaching and training will be tailored to the specific needs and goals of each client.
How does coaching work?
Prior to undertaking a coaching arrangement with a client Mark will sit down (in person or on the phone) and discuss the reasons for the clients desire for presentation skills coaching. In this complimentary pre session interview the clients goals and objectives will be discussed. Mark will also ask the client to complete a self assessment survey to assist Mark in developing a customised coaching program.
Whilst each client receives a personalised program designed for their individual situation and needs. The coaching program will cover all areas of public speaking and presentation skills, including
- Planning a presentation – Mark will share with you the Speech Development Lifecycle framework. This easy to use framework will provide you with the tools to quickly and easily plan an effective presentation.
- Audience Analysis – Learn how to analyse an audience; determine their needs and wants that must be met by your presentation prior to writing your first word. And, during the presentation appreciate the signals being sent by your audience to understand if your presentation is successful.
- Speech Structure – Understand the different speech structures available and when to use each one. Mark will coach you when to use and when not to use each of the speech structures.
- Stories – Mark will work with you to identify and develop stories to make your message more inspirational and memorable
- Body Language & Vocal Variety – Mark will explain to you the importance of non-verbal and verbal communication. You will get the opportunity to practise these skills with Mark. You will receive immediate feedback on your body movement, eye contact, and vocal techniques and how they have positively or negatively impacted the effectiveness of your presentation.
- PowerPoint – Mark will share with you the techniques so you can use PowerPoint professionally. As a tool PowerPoint is extensively used in business presentations around the globe; Mark will step you through the principles of effective slide design and how to deliver your presentation with PowerPoint.
- Q&A sessions – Question and Answer sessions often unnerve inexperienced presenters. Mark will step you through the process of managing a professional Question and Answer session. You will learn how to encourage questions from an unresponsive audience and handle hostile questions or audience members
How much does Coaching cost?
The total investment for coaching will depend upon the outcomes from the pre session interview and self assessment. The personalised coaching program Mark prepares for each client will detail the investment required.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Mark understands and respects your need for confidentiality and privacy. Mark does not disclose any details or information discussed during your coaching sessions.